Anki is the Japanese word for “memorizing” and this application Anki is a general purpose, spaced repetition flashcard program. The Anki cards support HTML and LaTeX and hence may include text, images, sounds and mathematical equations.
Anyone who needs to remember things can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-neutral, the possibilities are endless.
- Review anywhere. Anki supports multiple devices and Operating systems. Anki supports synchronization with a free online server, allowing users to keep decks synchronized across multiple devices, and to study online or on a cell phone.
- The ability to shared decks between friends, and classmates.
- Multimedia and mathematical equations.
- Intelligent scheduler based on the SuperMemo SM2 algorithm. The scheduler supports ‘very high’, ‘high’, ‘low’ and ‘suspended ’ priorities, in addition to random or in-order new card presentation, adjustable delays on mistakes, and more.
- A unique Flexible fact/card model that allows users to have multiple views of information. You're not limited to predefined styles.
- Plugin support with a large number of plugins already available.
- Anki can handle decks of 100,000+ cards with no problems, and is optimized for speed.
- Statistics and Graphs on usage.