Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any information on your desktop. Conky is licensed under the GPL and runs on Linux and BSD.
Conky has more than 300 built in objects, including support for:
- a plethora of OS stats (uname, uptime, CPU usage, mem usage, disk usage, “top” like process stats, and network monitoring, just to name a few)
- built in IMAP and POP3 support
- built in support for many popular music players (MPD, XMMS2, BMPx, Audacious)
- can be extended using built in Lua support, or any of your own scripts and programs (tell me more!)
- built in Imlib2 and Cairo bindings for arbitrary drawing with Lua (tell me more!)
- … and much much more.