Rosegarden is a well-rounded audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment.
Rosegarden is an easy-to-learn, attractive application that runs on Linux, ideal for composers, musicians, music students, and small studio or home recording environments.
- MIDI and audio playback and recording with ALSA and JACK
- Piano-roll, score, event list and track overview editors
- DSSI synth and audio effects plugin support, including Windows VST effects and instrument support via dssi-vst
- LADSPA audio effects support
- JACK transport support for synchronisation with other software
- Ability to build and run without JACK, for MIDI-only use
- Score interpretation of performance MIDI data
- Shareable device (.rgd) files to ease MIDI portability
- Triggered segments for pattern sequencing & performable ornaments
- Audio and MIDI mixers
- MIDI and Hydrogen file import
- MIDI, Csound, LilyPond and MusicXML file export (including PostScript and PDF output file generation of score)
- User interface translations for Russian, Spanish, German, French, Welsh, Italian, Swedish, Estonian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Catalan, and Finnish, as well as UK and US English
- Help documentation available substantially or entirely translated into German, Swedish and Japanese as well as English
Download size: 435M
md5 checksum: 92f6b46a807c83960d904b46abc29ea7
Available Architectures: 32bit
Please see the Installation Instructions for further information.
The Install Now button is for immediate installation on machines with a good internet connection.
The Download button is to download and transfer the package to a machine with no or slow internet connection.
bypasses the apt-get update done with the "Install Now" button and can NOT
be used with a fresh installation.
Note: The download size will vary for install now method.